About the EVR series vacuum regulators
|Cv: 1·E-03 to 160 | Max temperature: 60°C | Pressure range: 0 to -990 mbar
Due to Equilibar’s ultra sensitive dome-loaded back pressure technology, these dome-loaded back pressure regulators are specifically useful and suitable as vacuum regulators: Imagine the downstream pressure to be vacuum, instead of atmospheric, with a vacuum system downstream helping to pull the process media through the regulator. When the reference pressure is open to the atmosphere, the upstream pressure will be kept at atmospheric pressure. When the reference pressure is set below atmospheric pressure, the upstream pressure will follow with a 1:1 ratio. The reference pressure can be set manually or electronically in open or closed loop.
In vacuum control, the volume flow increases dramatically with the decrease of the absolute pressure. Cv calculation will show that often a rangeability of 1:1000 or more is needed to control a certain vacuum range with the same flow rate. Using split-range control valves is a common, but expensive solution. Equilibar vacuum regulators offer a single valve solution: Covering the whole range, without losing performance in precision and thus offering more value and efficiency.
Equilibar technology provides great advantages for vacuum applications
Applying this unique diaphragm sealed multiple orifice technology in vacuum, offers a list of advantages:
- The Cv range of the vacuum controller is larger than any other valve available in the market;
- Due to this large Cv range and the robust design, the regulator can handle two-phase flow;
- Control precision and stability within a bandwidth of 0,1% can be achieved in closed-loop control with a connected pressure sensor;
- Standard regulators are available made out of PCV, Alumina or SS316.
- The wetted parts can be made out of polymeric and alloys, making these regulators specifically suitable for vacuum distillation and other complex applications.
- Other materials available e.g. PTFE, PEEK, Hastelloy, Monel, Zirconium, etc.
Closed loop control prevents using oversized regulators, because the pressure drop over the valve is compensated by adjusting the reference pressure.
If you want to learn more about high precision vacuum control, please contact us. Pressure Control Solutions offers you product solutions for high demanding applications that help you to get more out of your process.